ISO VG 220, 320, 460 & 680
AURORA Industrial Gear Oil Gear Oils are high performance oils recommended for use in most industrial gear applications. AURORA Industrial Gear Oil Gear Oils are made from paraffin base stocks and contain a carefully balanced additive package to help provide maximum gear protection and long lubricant life. The sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure additives used in AURORA Industrial Gear Oil Gear Oils provide outstanding thermal and oxidation stability In addition; these lubricants are fortified with rust and corrosion inhibitors, a foam inhibitor, and a pour point depressant. The sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure additives in AURORA Industrial Gear Oil Gear Oils minimize the spalling and wear of gears by creating a micro thin sacrificial film on the surface of the gear teeth which is actually softer than the gears themselves. Frictional heat and pressures between tooth surfaces cause the sulfur-phosphorus to react with the surface of the gear teeth at the point of contact, thus creating the sacrificial film. The highly refined base stocks and various inhibitors in the additive package help assure a well-balanced lubricant and long gear and bearing life AURORA Industrial Gear Oil Gear Oils are recommended for use in many spiral bevel and hypoid differentials, power dividers, and oil-lubricated steering axle wheel bearings. Their multi-viscosity characteristics allow their use in equipment operating over a broad ambient temperature range. This means good cold flow properties and gear protection.
Meet the Specifications of:
- AGMA 250.04
- DIN 51517 PART 3
- U.S. Steel 224
- Quiet, shudder-free operation Friction modifier system provides lubricity for smooth, non-stick/slip engagement and disengagement of friction elements.
- Long gear life EP additives control gear tooth wear, even under high torque, low speed and shock loading conditions. Rust and corrosion inhibitors prevent component damage by water of condensation or contamination.
- Extends “yellow metal” component life Good thermal stability and corrosion inhibition of the EP system limits corrosion of copper-containing bearings and bushings.
- Rust and corrosion protection Effective inhibitor package protects against rusting or corrosion of gear and bearing surfaces.
- Low foam Excessive foaming minimized by use of foam inhibitor.
- Seal Protection Formulated to protect against oil seal deterioration.
Typical Product Performance
|Characteristics||ISO Viscosity Grade|
|Density @ 15 C, kg/l||0.887||0.89`||0.894||0.895||0.897|
|Pour Point, C||-21||-15||-13||-12||-11|
|Flash Point, C||259||261||263||267||268|
|Kinematic Viscosity, cSt|
|@ 40 C||150||220||320||460||680|
|@ 100 C||15.84||19.33||25.0||30.85||45.00|
The product typical may change without notice. However, the performance of the product would meet & exceed the API & OEM requirement.
Recommended Oil Change interval
AURORA Industrial Gear Oil Gear Oils changes intervals can be as short as 10,000 operating hours for severe application to 20,000 operating hours on normal application. We recommend that you follow the gear and axle oil change frequencies shown in your owner’s manual. With the high-performance manual gear oil, you can have the confidence to go the full time frame recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. AURORA Industrial Gear Oil is especially suitable for the extended drain intervals or vehicles with oil monitoring systems that vary oil drain intervals.