Cylinder Oil & Trunk Piston Engine Oil
HORNET is a multi-functional marine diesel engine oil recommended for system oils and low & High TBN Trunk Piston Engine Oils (TPEOs) for 4-stroke marine engines and engines operating with fuels of 1.5% sulfur and below as well as 4-stroke medium speed diesel engines fitted with centrifuge running on distillate fuel. It is exclusively formulated with premium base fluids and unique environmentally friendly additives system to provide exceptional thermal and oxidation stability that minimizes oil thickening at very high operating temperatures, excellent deposits control and minimized engine wear and tear.
The detergency level offers exceptional cleanliness including piston under-crown. It is also suitable for plain bearings of turbochargers, for most reduction gears, shaft bearings, stern tube and seals.
Meet the Specifications of:
- API CF
- Outstanding thermal- and oxidation stability and excellent detergency and dispersancy
- Exceptional deposit control including oil-cooled piston under-crown
- Leads to clean engine parts and spaces
- Good viscosity- and insoluble control
- Optimized oil consumption and longer oil change intervals
- Extended oil life due to efficient water separating properties and BN retention
- Rust- and corrosion properties
- Excellent wear protection, including piston grooves
- Approved by major engine manufacturers
Typical Product Performance
|Characteristics||Hornet 15500 SAE 40||Hornet 15000 SAE 50||Hornet 13000 SAE 30||Hornet 12000 SAE 40||Hornet 11000 SAE 30|
|Density @ 15 C, kg/l||0.886||0.892||0.885||0.886||0.885|
|Pour Point, C||-10||-15||-12||-10||-12|
|Flash Point, C (min)||230||238||230||230||230|
|Kinematic Viscosity, cSt|
|@ 40 C||119.50||235.93||112.34||119.10||110.739|
|@ 100 C||13.21||20.37||12.598||13.18||12.585|
The product typical may change without notice, however the performance of the product would meet; exceed the API; OEM requirements.
Recommended Oil Interval Changes
We recommend that you follow the oil and filter change frequencies shown in your owner’s manual. With the high-performance engine oil, you can have the confidence to go the full mileage or time frame recommended by the engine manufacturer.