RM65.15 – RM299.20
SAE 80W-90 (GL-4)
Gear and Rear Drive Differential Oil
Squadron 18000 Gear Oils are high performance oils recommended for use in most spiral bevel and hypoid differentials, power dividers, and oil-lubricated steering axle wheel bearings. Squadron 18000 Gear Oils are made from paraffinic base stocks and contain a carefully balanced additive package to help provide maximum gear protection and long lubricant life. The sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure additives used in Squadron 18000 Gear Oils provide outstanding thermal and oxidation stability In addition, these lubricants are fortified with rust and corrosion inhibitors, a foam inhibitor, and a pour point depressant. The sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure additives in Squadron 18000 Gear Oils minimize the spalling and wear of gears by creating a micro thin sacrificial film on the surface of the gear teeth which is actually softer than the gears themselves. Frictional heat and pressures between tooth surfaces cause the sulfur-phosphorus to react with the surface of the gear teeth at the point of contact, thus creating the sacrificial film. The highly refined base stocks and various inhibitors in the additive package help assure a well-balanced lubricant and long gear and bearing life.
Squadron 18000 Gear Oils are recommended for use in many spiral bevel and hypoid differentials, power dividers, and oil-lubricated steering axle wheel bearings. Their multiviscosity characteristics allow their use in equipment operating over a broad ambient temperature range. This means good cold flow properties and gear protection.
Meet the exceeds the requirements of:
- API GL-4
- U.S. Steel 224
- ZF TE-ML 08
- DIN 51517 PART 3
- AGMA 250.04
Typical Product Performance
|Characteristics||SAE 80W-90 (GL-4)|
|Density @ 15 C, kg/l||0.898|
|Pour Point, C||-34|
|Flash Point, C||217|
|Kinematic Viscosity, cSt|
|@ 40 C||145|
|@ 100 C||14.4|
The product typical may change without notice. However, the performance of the product would meet & exceed the API & OEM requirements.
- Quiet, shudder-free operation – Friction modifier system provides lubricity for smooth, non-stick/slip engagement and disengagement of friction elements.
- Long gear life – EP additives control gear tooth wear, even under high torque, low speed and shock loading conditions. Rust and corrosion inhibitors prevent component damage by water of condensation or contamination.
- Extends “yellow metal” component life – Good thermal stability and corrosion inhibition of the EP system limits corrosion of copper-containing bearings and bushings.
- Wide range of weather protection – Multiple viscosity capability offers proper gear lubrication at both low and high operating temperatures.
- Rust and corrosion protection – Effective inhibitor package protects against rusting or corrosion of gear and bearing surfaces.
- Low foam – Excessive foaming minimized by use of foam inhibitor.
- Seal Protection – Formulated to protect against oil seal deterioration.
Recommended Oil Change Interval
Squadron 18000 Gear Oils changes intervals can be as short as 25,000 km for severe application to 60,000 km on normal application. We recommend that you follow the gear and axle oil change frequencies shown in your owner’s manual. With the high-performance manual gear oil, you can have the confidence to go the full mileage or time frame recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Squadron 18000 is especially suitable for the extended drain intervals or vehicles with oil monitoring systems that vary oil drain intervals.